• We work for the students, embody the spirit of LHS and strive to be a pillar of news in our community

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Amber Hubenschmidt, Senior Staff Writer

My fellow Jedis and Stormtroopers, read with caution if you have not seen the new Star Wars movie: Rogue One for this article contains spoilers! This time last year, fans from all over the world were raving about the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie being released. Well this year, December 16th was the opening weekend for another Star Wars phenomenon, Rogue One. As with any movie release weekend, lines were long and tickets went fast. Luckily enough, my family and I were lucky to snag some tickets before they sold out.

Entering the theatre, well…I couldn’t. The lines were so long they were out the door. Fans didn’t seem to mind the chilling 30 degree weather as they were all bundled up and counting down the time until their showing started. Waiting for the line to start moving, I observed the crowd. I noticed a handful of adults with their vintage Star Wars shirts on and some kids in what looked like Star Wars Halloween costumes. I was even lucky enough to witness a lightsaber fight between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker until their parents told them to stop playing around.

Once my family and I got into the theatre room, we all had to separate. It was so full that there were only single seats left that were scattered across the room. We split up our popcorn and sat down ready for action. Not giving away too many spoilers, but Rogue One definitely was inspiring to the young lady jedis watching. Just like the last Star Wars movie: The Force Awakens, there is a leading female role. This opens an eye to young girls watching that they can do anything and they’re just as strong as any man, or jedi. It also teaches valuable life lessons like doing the right thing, keeping hope, and standing up for what you believe in. Aside from that, the graphics in the movie were amazing. The way they portrayed outer space and the galaxy made it all seem so real.  Lastly, what’s a good movie without a little romance? Captain Cassian from the Resistance and Jyn Erso, Galen Erso’s Daughter, start off rocky with each other but learn to trust and love one another after invading the Empire together, with the help of the resistance, and disarming the Death Star.

The question that fans have been asking before the release of the movie was– what does “Rogue One” even mean? After watching the film, I learned that  “Rogue One” was the name of the ship full of the crew that made it all happen. Without everyone in Rogue One, the Resistance would have never been able to disarm the Death Star that the Empire was planning on using to explode entire planets. Even with the Resistance’s victory, there isn’t a happy ending for everyone. To find out who makes it out alive, a hero, or villain, I highly suggest going to see  Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in a theatre near you!

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Op/Ed

In and Ironic Way

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Lifestyle

8 Ways to Fight Your Phone Addiction

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

Disney Channel’s Prime

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Career and College info.

Central Piedmont Community College

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

Meet Sesame Street’s New Character

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

In School

AP Testing is Here

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Lifestyle

Idle Chatter

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

Indecisive Past Times

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

College and Career

Things to Do Before Leaving for College

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Lifestyle

Chocolate Gawd’s Farewell

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story