• We intend to serve the school’s community in an honest manner, embody the people of LHS, and be a pillar of news in our community.

The Good Old Days

Graham Wilson, Senior Staff Writer

Anyone who knows me knows I am a huge fan of The Office. There are so many hilarious and precious moments throughout that show, but there’s one quote that really hit me hard. During the series finale, Andy Bernard states, “I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days, before you actually left them.” When I heard this, it brought me to a realization. If you spend all your time thinking about the past and the “good old days” you won’t be able to enjoy your time now and won’t make good memories for later. The key to happiness, to a full life, is to live in the present and make the best memories you can in the moment. You can spend all the time in the world thinking about your past, but that would just be a waste of time. Unfortunately, having this mindset is a lot easier said than done. With the high stress environment we live in and the fear of the future, it’s comforting to live in the past, where there is certainty. We don’t have to worry about the past stabbing us in the back, or hurting us anymore, because it already happened. It’s an escape from the everyday reality we live in, and it can be extremely calming and uplifting. However, life goes on, and the only way to make sure that you are truly happy is to live in the moment. When you don’t look back and focus where you are now, you can enjoy the little things in life and make more memories that will last forever. So many people isolate themselves and want the past to last forever, but that is just an unhealthy habit that should be broken. My words to live by would be, make everyday be “the good old days” so when your time is up you can sit back and know that you lived a full and happy life.

• The Good Old Days

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

Marching Band

• The Good Old Days

Student Life

Extracurriculars for College

• The Good Old Days

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

2019 Blockbusters

• The Good Old Days

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

What Is All-State?

• The Good Old Days

Student Life

What Goes Into LTV

• The Good Old Days

Student Life

Midterms Stress

• The Good Old Days

Student Life

Limericks and Haikus

• The Good Old Days

Student Life

Poverty Awareness: Countering The Effects of Poverty in Maryland

• The Good Old Days

Student Life

Membean

• LTV

Mr. Leonardtown Call for Contestants

The Good Old Days