• We intend to serve the school’s community in an honest manner, embody the people of LHS, and be a pillar of news in our community.

Prom Season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Prom Season

Haley O'Reagan, Senior Staff Writer

Book your hair appointments, rent your tuxedos and go find “the perfect dress” because prom season is here Raiders! Quickly approaching is one of the most exciting events for Leonardtown juniors and seniors: prom; the time to exchange your usual attire for fancy dresses and tuxes and impress your friends with the awkward dance moves you invented. The theme for this year’s prom is…. Alice in Wonderland! The date is set for May 6 from 8-11 p.m. Save the date.

One of the most important parts of prom is one’s wardrobe. Whether it be a tux or dress, it can be hard to find the one just right for the occasion. Today’s Bride, located near Dick’s Sporting Goods, is a popular spot to get a tuxedo. Just call and make an appointment and the staff will fit you. Dresses, on the other hand, can be a little trickier. If you’re looking to get a dress in person to ensure the perfect fit, the Westfield Mall in Annapolis has many stores from which to choose. If you have a larger budget, consider Treasure Island in downtown Annapolis. Another great choice is our very own school! If you are stressed about the cost of formal-wear, Leonardtown’s dress closet has many donated dresses.

A fan favorite, DJ Schezzck, will be returning once again to play the grooviest music all night. Start compiling a list of songs. Prom will endly roughly around 11 pm so make sure your ride is there on time if you’re not driving. For students who are driving, make sure to be careful after prom; we don’t want any Raiders getting hurt on this joyous occasion. Whether you are going alone, with friends, or with a date, this day should be a commemorative time for everyone! Start planning today to ensure the perfect prom day. See you there Raiders!

• Prom Season

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

Marching Band

• Prom Season

Student Life

Extracurriculars for College

• Prom Season

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

2019 Blockbusters

• Prom Season

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

What Is All-State?

• Prom Season

Student Life

The Good Old Days

• Prom Season

Student Life

What Goes Into LTV

• Prom Season

Student Life

Midterms Stress

• Prom Season

Student Life

Limericks and Haikus

• Prom Season

Student Life

Poverty Awareness: Countering The Effects of Poverty in Maryland

• Prom Season

Student Life

Membean

Prom Season