Preparation for Prom

Hailey Springer, Junior Staff Writer

Prom is approaching very quickly, quicker than some of us realize, and you need to make sure that you are prepared. When it comes to prom dress shopping, you need to make sure you are shopping for something that will leave both you and your wallet happy.There are tons of online shops that give you great discounts for really nice dresses. If you haven’t found “the one” yet, here’s a quick checklist for how to find the perfect dress for you.

This year’s prom theme is masquerade, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to go all-out with a mask, gloves, and the whole shebang. You can wear any type of dress that you want; although long dresses are the standard for this end-of-the-year tradition, there are a small portion of people who go against the grain and wear short ones. When it comes to picking out the dress, you need to stick with your gut, get what looks best on you, and makes you happy.

When shopping for a dress, if you’re not looking for something that is all glitzed up, maybe you’re looking for something with a touch more of elegance.Lulu’s, Dillard’s, Bloomingdale’s, and Nordstrom all stand as a great options for either preference you might have, or even for those styles outside of that.  Although none of these places are particularly cheap, they do hold some great sales if you can catch them, and all the dresses are of a great quality. If you’re first and foremost staying mindful of your budget, Lulu’s is the place to look. However, if you’re on the hunt for the dress with a look of classic sparkle and glamour, try those other options like Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, and Dillard’s. Of course, there are dozens of other stores and boutiques out there to keep in mind, so set aside some time to browse, browse, browse.”

Some of the most popular styles for this year break the stereotype of the prom dress, taking on modern styles like the two-piece or the polar ends of the spectrum of cuts, from plunging v-necks to haute high-neck dresses. Although those seem to be the most popular ones right now, keep in mind when shopping that there is an amazing dress out there for you, no matter your body type, shape, or size. When it comes to picking the one for you, it’s all about understanding you: what works on your body and what doesn’t; how to highlight the features you love, and hide the ones you don’t.

All in all, prom is one of the most important nights of a young girl’s life, so you want to make sure that it is all planned out well and everything runs smoothly as possible.Whether you’re experiencing prom for the first time or taking your final bow in senior year, the dress really can make the day, so take your time, try things on, change your mind a few times, and be sure you’re certain to rock the dress of your dreams for the night of your (high school) life.