• We work for the students, embody the spirit of LHS and strive to be a pillar of news in our community

Report Cards

Regan Walker, Senior Staff Writer

It is that time of the year again Raiders. Cue the dramatic piano chords: report card season. It is that wonderful time at the end of each quarter where students have to present their successes and mistakes in school to their parents. Of course, this is a different sort of season than your parents remember. HAC enables students and their parents to track this progress throughout each quarter. For some students, this visibility is a detriment and for others it renders this report card season obsolete. But, this is a time of reflection for everyone to learn how to adjust for the coming quarters.

Check HAC. If there is any way to contain the damage to your average it is to be aware that it is slipping. This online grade book allows students to keep on top of due dates in an overwhelming workload. If you notice any inaccuracies, you have the opportunity to chat with your teachers and repair the damage.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions of your teacher during each quarter or about your report card grade. But, of course, don’t wait until the end of the quarter to ask what happened. HAC exists for you to be aware of your progress and to ask questions as bold percentages fill the gradebook. It is there to empower the student.

Learn from your mistakes. If one of your grades didn’t look so hot, figure out what to change for the next quarter. And, if you weren’t tired of this advice already, talk to your teachers. They are sure to have some insight into how you can improve for the next quarter whether it be better managing your time or studying more often. Perhaps you need to ask your teacher for help with your homework. Learning from your mistakes so you don’t make them again is a huge step toward better grades, and a deeper understanding of the information presented in class.

These are important steps for students with more quarters to come, even for those of us heading off to college. I admit, this article is a bit late, but good advice is good advice. Keeping on top of your work is sound advice for any of your future endeavors. So go forth, you student you, and make good choices.

• School News

What I Would Change About The School System

• Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

The End of Warped Tour

• Report Cards

Op/Ed

In an Ironic Way

• Report Cards

Lifestyle

8 Ways to Fight Your Phone Addiction

• Report Cards

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

Disney Channel’s Prime

• Report Cards

Career and College info.

Central Piedmont Community College

• Report Cards

Lifestyle

Idle Chatter

• Report Cards

Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

Indecisive Past Times

• Report Cards

College and Career

Things to Do Before Leaving for College

• Report Cards

Lifestyle

My Oregon Trail

Report Cards