• We intend to serve the school’s community in an honest manner, embody the people of LHS, and be a pillar of news in our community.

That Special Someone

Back to Article
Back to Article

That Special Someone

Isabelle Ashby, Junior Staff Writer

I’ve gotta admit, I’m pretty content with the path I’m walking down right now. I mean with occasional bumps in the road, life has been going smoothly and I’m looking forward to seeing where it’s headed. And it’s not only my future that I’m talking about. The people I have in my life, my choices and judgement, my passions and inspirations, recent events… everything that I am today has been molded by an important someone who has taught me a lesson or influenced me to keep going. Of course, that also includes people who stuck around for a while and then packed their bags and walked out the door… even so, they’ve taught me lessons and I don’t regret knowing them.

Each person in your life holds some value, broadens your perspective, or opens the door to new beginnings- even if you recoil from them. Everyone you’ve ever met and every experience you’ve ever had has molded you into the person you’ve become now.  But sometimes, on beautifully rare occasions, someone walks into your life and changes it for the better, and is too stubborn to leave your side.

C’mon, you know who I’m talking about. We all have that person. Whether it be a parent, sibling, friend, or lover. They support and stand with you, put you before themselves, and aren’t afraid to slap you back to reality if you find yourself lagging behind. Whoever they are, it’s important that you remind them how grateful you are that they’re a part of you. Return the favor and show them how much you care.

For me, that person is my sister, Phoebe, who has been by my side for as long as I can remember. When we were little, we used to fight like cats and dogs. But even then, I held a vast admiration for her and tried walking in her footsteps to follow her down her path. And although she always encouraged me, I found that I could not always keep up with her, until she led me towards other interests that I became passionate in, such as writing.

As we grew older and the world changed around us, we weren’t always compatible with those changes. Growing up and dealing with new drama, new people, and new expectations was not so easy. But I can always count on her to be right there with me and offer advice honed by her own experiences; going so far as to willingly call me up at 4am to comfort me, or drive all the way up from her house to take me out and have fun in order to destress.

Speaking of fun times, we have those about everytime we’re together. Whether we’re out at a convention, grabbing coffee, or just simply laying in bed, we’re always sharing a laugh. The kind of bond that I share with my older sister is one that I could never have with anyone else. She’s my confidante and best friend, and I will always be eternally grateful to her for being someone that can always brighten my day and make the rest of the world melt away for a while.

My point is, always, always, keep that special person close and let them know how much you appreciate them. If they’ve been with you through thick and thin, make sure you’re also there for them. Show kindness to everyone, because one day you will become that important person to someone else.

• LTV

LHS LTV Daily News Broadcast 12.5.2018

• That Special Someone

LTV

LHS LTV Daily News Broadcast 12.4.2018

• That Special Someone

Student Life

Anxiety in Teenagers

• That Special Someone

Sports

Start of NCAA Basketball Season

• That Special Someone

Student Life

Covering Capstones

• Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

Talent Show Spotlight

• That Special Someone

Sports

Boy’s Soccer SMACked ‘em Again!

• Student Life

Spirit Week Hallways

• That Special Someone

Student Life

Spirit Stick: Second Chances

• That Special Someone

School News

Maryland Page Program

That Special Someone