Central Piedmont Community College

Gabby Nelson, Senior Staff Writer

Charlotte, North Carolina is a place of new experiences, adventures, and explorations. When looking for a college in this 297.7 mile city, it may get complicated. Central Piedmont is located in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area which consists of 792, 862 people. The opportunities in this area are infinite.

Steps in admissions depend on what you plan on accomplishing at CPCC. In order to start the admission process, a CPCC Admissions Form needs to be completed.

Tuition is controlled by the North Carolina State Legislature and is apt to change without notice. For curriculum courses, North Carolina residents pay $76 per credit hour with a maximum $1,216 for 16 or more credit hours. Non-North Carolina residents pay $268 per credit hour and their maximum is $4,288 for 16 more credit hours. All 6000 course numbers are free. 7000 & 8000 courses vary in prices depending on the course but there is no difference in charge for residential and non-residential students.

Now, onto the most important part of college; the food. CPCC is committed to providing quality dining experiences to their students. You can stop by Taco Del Mar, Subway, or Sbarro for a quick pick-me-up between classes. Or you could even try the Coppa Coffee Tea shop or Aspire Bakery and Bistro to get some caffeine to keep you awake while studying for your exams. If you just forgot to eat lunch or grab dinner before you head home from class, stop by the Barnes and Noble Recharge U or the Smart Market and pick up one of the many nutritious and convenient snack packs or dinners to go. The options are endless at the 6 different campuses. Go ahead and try them all out while you still have free time.

Registrations are not final until payment method has been received. Payment is accepted through cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover. Payment Assistant plans such as Sponsorships, and Financial Aid are offered. For more details, visit their website.

Central Piedmont Community College has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in completing your prerequisites for a four year college, or simply obtaining an associate’s degree in a field you’re passionate about.