• We intend to serve the school’s community in an honest manner, embody the people of LHS, and be a pillar of news in our community.

What Happened Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice?

Back to Article
Back to Article

David Jones, Senior Staff Writer

Movie fans have patiently awaited the release of the epic duel between DC Comic’s top heroes: Batman and Superman. They want to know the answer to one question: “Who would win in a fight, Batman or Superman?” Their pleas were answered on March 25th but not in the way viewers hoped. It was little but an action fight without much of a story. Many thought that this would be an actual duel of the ages. What really happened was these symbols of justice were reduced to whiny and moody brawlers fighting in the midst of extreme accusations and aggression. But where were the complex moral questions that bedevil these characters.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice has split reviewers and viewers. While receiving a 74% rating from the viewers, professional movie review site Rotten Tomatoes gave the motion picture a low 29%. Rotten Tomatoes’ top critics came to the consensus that “ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice smothers a potentially powerful story — and some of America’s most iconic superheroes — in a grim whirlwind of effects-driven action.” Devoted fans felt the same. They expected a brawl between two of the most iconic warriors against evil. Unfortunately, we are left with an awkward story of a Superman who can’t decide how to be a hero and a vengeful Batman who tries to defeat the man of steel. To avoid spoiling the movie, we see these two heroes and Wonder Woman banding together to fight a powerful evil but the shifty mood and pacing of the film makes it feel rushed. There is an uncomfortable change in the  mood of the characters who evolve from irritated to enraged to smug friends. There have even been some complaints in the casting of the characters like Jesse Eisenberg’s role as “Lucius Luther.”

Now, the movie itself isn’t without all merit. If you are looking for a good action movie, this movie satisfies just that. Zack Snyder develops the typical action movie that sits well with viewers. If you’re looking for an accurate DC based film, you are better off waiting until August for DC’s Suicide Squad.

• LTV

LHS LTV Daily News Broadcast 12.5.2018

• What Happened Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice?

LTV

LHS LTV Daily News Broadcast 12.4.2018

Student Life

Anxiety in Teenagers

Sports

Start of NCAA Basketball Season

Student Life

Covering Capstones

• Arts, Entertainment, and Reviews

Talent Show Spotlight

Sports

Boy’s Soccer SMACked ‘em Again!

• Student Life

Spirit Week Hallways

Student Life

Spirit Stick: Second Chances

School News

Maryland Page Program