Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Photo Credit: cinemawallpaper.com

Shelby Quade, Sophomore A&E Reviews Writer

Do you like captivating mysteries? I suggest that you definitely go and see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! Though this is basically a remake of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie series from Sweden, this movie is nothing less than amazing.
Mikael Blomkvist, played by Daniel Craig (James Bond, Cowboys & Aliens), is an editor for Millennium magazine. Having just got out of a libel suit against him, in which he lost, he resigns from the magazine with his reputation destroyed and his life savings gone.
Blomkvist soon receives a phone call arranging for a meeting with Henrik Vanger, retired CEO of Vanger Industries, who reveals that he is interested in hiring Blomkvist to investigate the murder of his niece Harriet, that took place on Vanger’s island over 40 years ago. Blomkvist soon realizes that he can’t solve this mystery alone, and seeks help from rebel computer hacker, Lisbeth Salander, played by Rooney Mara (The Social Network, Nightmare on Elms Street). Famous actors Christopher Plummer and Stellan Skarsgård are main characters in this movie as well.
Directed by David Fincher, (The Social Network, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Zodiac), the movie received $87.8 million in box office and runs for a whole 2 hours and 37 minutes filled with mind-boggling mystery, violence, edge of the seat anticipation and a unexpected ending. The movie also received very good ratings from various critics on rottentomatoes.com, getting an overall 4.2/5 rating.
I may warn you though, the movie is rated R, which means you’ll most likely end up having to go with an adult. There are some pretty violent and sexual scenes in the movie, so I suggest you go with an older sibling or cool family member, like I did – if you go with a parent, there are going to be some pretty awkward moments during some scenes of the movie. Don’t say I didn’t tell you so!
Overall, this is probably one of my favorite movies that I have seen in a while. It only took an hour at the most after seeing the movie, when I wanted to go back and see it again. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who loves a good mystery.
“What is hidden in snow, comes forth in the thaw.”