Pinterest.com: The Never Ending Magazine

Screenshot of a Pinterest Board

Adrianna Parillio, Junior Staff Writer

Pinterest.com is a website that is used by people all over the world to get ideas for their latest projects. Pinterest provides ideas for anything imaginable to any person with any interest. The site allows users to make their own ideas and share them with others to help them in their new projects. These projects include home decor, cooking, party planning, school projects and lessons, baking, styling outfits, hairdos, events and lots more. Pinterest is a neverending magazine that updates instantly as people around the world add their new ideas to apply to the creative minds of the users.

Interested in becoming a pinner? Want to begin a new project with great ideas behind it? Heres how you get started in the world of Pinterest. First you need to make an account. You can sign up for Pinterest through email, twitter, or Facebook. Once your account is made, get started! You can begin by creating a “Board.” Your Board will be a subject that you are interested in; you can name it whatever you want and it can be whatever you want. Board names could be, “Style”, or “Fun in the Sun”, you decide! You can have as many boards as you want! Now start pinning to your board! Go to the many subjects or type into the Pinterest browser to look up neat ideas and get inspired! A pin is a picture that may lead to a link that gives you further information on the image you just viewed. Press pin, pick which board you want to add it to and them voila! This new idea will be there forever until you get around to trying it.Want to share an idea, maybe promote a business, or show people your blog that is similar to what you see on the site? Then press create a pin, use an image and give an idea. All of this is free, fun and fulfilling.

Leonardtown High School students and use this site and love it. LHS teacher Mrs. Halter said, “I use Pinterest for everything. I can get on there and look for teaching ideas, or recipes, or decorations for my house, or styles of boots that I Iike. I will just get on there and play for hours and find different ideas and pin them to my boards, categorize them. It can take over hours of my time!”. LHS student Maddie Nelms said, “I use pinterest for clothes, room decorating and projects we do out of the house. It is really addicting.” Users outside of the school also use pinterest for their creative needs. A pinterest user said, “I love Pinterest, it does the thinking for me, and then I just follow the directions.”

Clearly Pinterest is liked by many. Pinterest is a fun, interesting way to get new ideas and helps to do new projects. Pinterest is like a never ending magazine!