Bieber Fever at Christmas?

Photo Credit: justinbieberzone.com

Photo Credit: justinbieberzone.com

Katii Hardman, Junior Arts and Entertainment Reviews Writer

Whether you like him or not, Justin Bieber is on fire this Christmas season. With his new album Under the Mistletoe that came out November 1, 2011, he swoons girls with his smooth, catchy lyrics and duets with artists such as Usher, The Band Perry, Mariah Carey, Busta Rhymes, and Boyz II Men. It also contains music solely from Justin including my favorite track, “All I Want Is You.”
Even if you don’t have “Bieber Fever,” you will find yourself falling into his song “Drummer Boy” featuring Busta Rhymes. This song is a combination of a Christmas classic with an up-beat appeal to it. Bieber and Busta Rhymes really lay it down with sweet lyrics; one line from Busta Rhymes says, “Came to realize my homie Bieber hit me on the Twitter. Then I hit him back, despite I had some food up on my finger, sippin’ eggnog with a little sprinkle of vanilla, even though it’s kinda cold, pullin out a chinchilla, Bieber hit me back and said, ‘Let’s make it hot up in the winter.’ I said, ‘Cool.’ Ya know Imma deliver. Let’s collaborate and make the holiday a little bigger.”
If you’re missing your boo over the holidays, he has songs for that too, like “Home This Christmas” featuring The Band Perry. This is a soft, heartfelt song about someone wanting their significant other to be home at Christmas time. A lot of people in this school enjoy this album such as sophomore, Karina Holt, who said that the “album is amazing!”
Lately, the artist has had a lot of stress due to rumors oriented on him such as the baby scandal. He’s denying it and focusing on with “what is real – my music”. Despite all of that background drama, this album has been rated five out of five stars and lives up to that. It has been labeled a Christmas classic as well. He is definitely winning over hearts with this one. Good job Justin!